Proudly serving the Wisconsin northwoods communities in Vilas, Oneida, and surrounding counties.
Schattner Construction Services, INC
7974 Boardwalk Dr.
Eagle River, WI 54521
Phone and fax: 715-479-8170
Hours: By appointment
Career Opportunity – Experienced Carpenter
View as PDF
Schattner Construction is a residential construction company in Northern Wisconsin that specializes in building custom turnkey homes. We have a reputation for exceptional service to our clients, proven by our word-of-mouth referral success for over 25 years. Most of our clients choose to have their homes built in Vilas and Oneida counties to embrace the beautiful lakes, forests, and all the Northwoods has to offer. We are committed to bringing our client's dreams to reality as we partner closely with them to design and build their custom home.
Schattner Construction is seeking a skilled carpenter with a well-rounded background in all phases of residential construction.
Who we're looking for:
- Minimum 5 years of residential carpentry experience including reviewing blueprints and specifications. Do you have experience in all aspects of the residential building industry? We are looking for an applicant who enjoys the variety of working on every phase of building a custom home.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills. We are looking for a carpenter who takes pride in his craft, makes sound decisions, and partners with the crew to address any problems that may arise.
- Understanding of the building industry safety procedures and issues. Our employees must participate in safety meetings, be aware of all potential hazardous situations on the job-site and know how to remedy them to avoid risk.
- Have a willingness to grow. Do you seek out opportunities to better yourself? We are looking for an ambitious individual who openly requests feedback and has a strong desire for learning new products and procedures.
- Good communication skills, starting with listening. In this role, you will be interacting, not only with the rest of the crew, but also with our clients, suppliers and subcontractors. Clear and direct communication as well as strong listening skills are essential.
- A love of math and an ability to apply your quantitative skills on the job-site. Was math your favorite subject in school? We are not a "let's cut it and see if it fits" contractor. We are looking for a carpenter who can work together to develop systems that produce a professional product as smoothly, efficiently and safely as possible.
- People describe you as a great teammate. Do your co-workers enjoy working with you? We're a small team, so each member plays a crucial role in our company dynamic.
- You love the Northwoods. You love to live and work in the beautiful Northwoods.
We truly take pride in providing our clients with an enjoyable home building experience, and we are looking for someone who will do the same. To express interest in or apply for this position, submit your questions or a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.